Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Addiction

My name is Emily and I am a craft addict. There I said it. It's gotten so bad that I have actually had dreams about shopping for crafts! It's true. I have drawers full of stickers, cabinets full of beads, and so many paper stacks I have been known to buy a stack I already have because I've forgotten what I have in stock. I'm in love with embellishments, go crazy for glass beads, and when I go to the fabric section I can't help but leave with at least a yard of something. I sew, make jewelry, and create paper crafts on a regular basis, but I tend to dabble in just about every craft imaginable.

I've had to create an online shop in order to help feed my habit. I've only made 3 sales so far. This is most likely because I have spent no time on advertising/marketing and I can't take a decent picture of my work to save my life. I remain optimistic, though. I once set up a table at a craft fair and did pretty well for myself. In the future I'm hoping to try and do this again. If I don't sell my stuff I'll go broke buying crafts that inevitably sit in my craft room forever.

Even though I've created this blog to help generate some traffic to my etsy site, I'd also like to share with the world some of my addictions, my own tips and tricks, and maybe get some feedback from the crafting community about how to be a better crafter and maybe a better businesswoman. I'll try to post regularly about what I'm currently working on and other interesting tidbits. I'll also let any readers know about promotions I have going on in my shop, sometimes special ones just for my blog readers! So stay tuned, make comments, and watch me make absolutely no attempt to get help for my crafting problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment